Re: Qt help needed with blinking cursor for Windows GUI terminal

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Qt help needed with blinking cursor for Windows GUI terminal
Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 18:01:51 -0400

On 05/03/2013 05:09 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
I thought I would take a shot at making the cursor blink in the GUI
command window on Windows systems. I used some ideas from the Unix
terminal widget. A patch showing what I tried is attached. Unfortunatly
it doesn't quite work. By inserting some print statements, I can see
that the function attached to the timer is being called periodically and
the m_cursorBlinking state is toggling, but the update of the cursor is
not happening.

Any clues would be much appreciated.

Never mind, I figured it out. I needed to call the update function for the QConsoleView object, not the update function for the QWinTerminalImpl object. Yay, blinking cursor.