Re: Help needed with QScintilla lexer keywords

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Help needed with QScintilla lexer keywords
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 16:49:59 -0400

On 05/12/2013 04:40 PM, Michael Goffioul wrote:
On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 4:31 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden
<mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    We currently have a big hard-coded list of "keywords" (actually
    mostly function names) in libgui/src/resource-manager.cc that are
    used by the GUI editor for syntax highlighting.  Instead of the
    static list, I'd like to get the list of keywords from Octave.  That
    part is easy, but when I started looking at how this list is used, I
    noticed that the QsciLexer keywords function can have more than one
    class of keywords. What do the class IDs correspond to?  What should
    be in set 1, 2, 3, etc.?

I think it's up to the person writing the lexer to define what the
available sets correspond to. The comments in this link [1] indicates
this is primarily intended to support languages embedded into other
languages (first example that comes to my mind is HTML/PHP).

OK, so we are not attempting to provide different highlighting for function names and keywords (if, for, etc.)?

If we return the list of all functions and keywords in a single list of keywords for the editor, then we'll be highlighting nearly everything on the screen in the same way. Is that really what people want or expect?