Re: How to build octave including gui using msvc

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: How to build octave including gui using msvc
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 20:27:59 -0400

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 3:15 PM, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 10:29 PM, vinukn <address@hidden> wrote:
Ok, can I use same procedure to build octave using hg source? I am using
hgtortoise. I have tried 2 or 3 times,but failed. build script did not
create any install file,so  i got errors in 'make install' command

To compile the default branch, you need an up-to-date patch, I'll try to send the most recent version I have later today (note: I use mercurial mq to apply the patch). I use the script in modules/octave/configure_octave.sh to run the configure script, it contains the options I use every time. After the configure script, I run fixlibtool2 manually (included with my set of build scripts), then the regular "make" and "make install".

This is the patch I'm currently using. Note that my last compilation with MSVC is from about a month ago, so it's possible octave does not compile out of the box with MSVC, even with the patch applied.

Michael.