Re: ITSOL interface

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: ITSOL interface
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 17:00:35 +0200

On 06/10/2013 04:24 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
On 10 June 2013 08:07, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

1) clone Octave's mercurial repository and put it somewhere where it
is publicly accessibly (e.g. bitbucket or sourceforge)

Alternatively, you can give me your ssh public key, and I can setup a
repo for you.

2) create your own branch to work on

You don't need to do anything to create a branch; this is done
automatically when you start working on a new clone. You may
optionally give your branch a bookmark so it's easier to refer to it.
To do this, just do "hg bookmark your-bookmark-name". You can then
later just tell me to pull that bookmark. This is just a naming
convention; without the bookmark, you need to  give me or someone else
the hash of the changes that should be pulled.

3) push changesets to your public repo regularly

4) pull from the default branch in the main Octave repo and merge
into your branch very often.

Yes, these two are fine.

The whole process should be "easy", once we setup some hosting for
your clone, but you can already start doing this without any public
hosting.

- Jordi G. H.

Hi Jordi and c.,

Thank you for your help. I started a new public repo at Google code. But I can also switch to another one at octave. I generated a public-private key pair according to this manual:

https://help.github.com/articles/generating-ssh-keys

Here is the content of id_rsa.pub (hope that is what you need Jordi):

ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQCnCOC/3CvXynZXf68QwFu47oEWx/1Xpe8PyPRCOfYLmpMWhjoz/2llKNMPgSpmh/68k0Rhpcxs952ATLeB3RnOMjJOncF82V8Q3aK3GiHEJ7JVLkA723DbQqgO5803DeGsODoE001ujiD+6eEPa9sOw1H25zlWndnWVhMxsjPYPYuaqViYjIZBJxi7JjZ+tdoZkfwLKApOP47Jf1ix8PR6stOKRuPXc0jkePQHtyB3NSdUBUmvdfZ8vR+BwiVA8VVbvgdQT7BOqqi3Yck6gChfpndqSgRt6DPDupAVjkNu5sV92fDTywFmF1hUA/dMdFzlx+gHzWmM3w2hLaV42/6L address@hidden

Kai