RE: Building on MinGW using MXE-built dependencies [WAS: Re: mxe-install

From: John D
Subject: RE: Building on MinGW using MXE-built dependencies [WAS: Re: mxe-installer try 2]
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 16:25:22 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Nienhuis [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 3:14 PM
To: John W. Eaton
Cc: John D; address@hidden; 'Clemens Buchacher'; Anirudha
Bose
Subject: Re: Building on MinGW using MXE-built dependencies [WAS: Re:
mxe-installer try 2]

John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 06/12/2013 03:20 AM, Philip Nienhuis wrote:
>
>> ...and that MinGW build (on WinXP 32b) ended in building postgres
>> complaining about cpio, just like John D reported earlier. So that
>> looks to be a consistent result. (BTW I changed the postgres
>> configure option in postgres.mk into "--without-zlib" to get past the
>> zlib error that J.D. reported as well)
>>
>> Just out of curiosity: why are postgres and libodbc required anyway?
>
> I don't know that they are really needed. Are they? They were listed
> as dependencies of qt when I created my fork of MXE. If they are not
> needed, then we should drop the dependencies and stop trying to build
them.

When I built Qt4 4.7.2 for mingw-32 a year or so ago, postgres wasn't
required. But maybe things changed.
I suppose I could simply comment out the postgres & libodbc stuff somewhere
(have to search for it) and see how far I get. Perhaps too easy, perhaps it
works.

---
Removing it as a dependency from src/qt.mk will make it not bother to try to
compile postgresql I think - qt.mk will require some other changes as well
anyway.