Re: Moving to Octave Forge to mercurial

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Moving to Octave Forge to mercurial
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 19:57:05 +0100

On 13 June 2013 19:37, Philip Nienhuis <address@hidden> wrote:
> Carnė Draug wrote:
>>
>> .... distributed revision control system.
>
> What use is that for a one-maintainer package?

These are only the first that came to my mind:

1) even such package will receive patches from others. This allows to
use changesets or push requests, signing commits etc.
2) no internet required to make commits. I do a lot of stuff while traveling.
3) much much faster when looking through the history.
4) makes it easier to make moves in the future. This is suggested
every once in a while but it's always a lot of work. So we would solve
one thing at a time.

Carnë