Re: New recruit!

From: c.
Subject: Re: New recruit!
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 18:22:12 +0200

On 24 Jun 2013, at 18:06, Richard Clift <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hey,
>   I'm a PhD in applied maths in england and I want to improve my programming
>     so I thought it be a good idea to help out Octave.
>     I thought I start off small and then increasingly to more and more!
>     so i'm open to suggestions hopefully I can help :)
>     Richard

Hi, welcome!

Here are a few links you might want to read:
http://wiki.octave.org/FAQ#How_can_I_get_involved_in_Octave_development.3F
http://wiki.octave.org/Contributing_to_the_development_of_packages/modules

What we usually suggest as a starting point is to look at bug reports and see
if there is something you think you would be able to fix:
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave

HTH,
c.