FW: FEM pkg and classes

From: Marco Vassallo
Subject: FW: FEM pkg and classes
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 22:41:32 +0200

> Subject: Re: FEM pkg and classes
> From: address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 11:37:06 +0200
> To: address@hidden
> CC: address@hidden
>

> On 28 Jun 2013, at 16:41, Marco Vassallo <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > What it is not clear to me, among other things, is if it is better to create a class for every different type or if it is better to create a unique class with all the variables that we need.
>
> Marco,
> I'm not sure I understand what you exactly mean by "one unique class", and how you would expect that
> to be created.
>
> Anyway I think you should try to replicate as closely as possible the dolfin C++/python interface so that
> we can take advantage of the existing documentation.
>
> AFAICT in C++/python dolfin has a well defined set of classes that are used for all sorts of problems
> and include:
>
> 1) Mesh
> 2) FunctionSpace
> 3) BilinearForm
> 4) LinearForm
>
> there are also Matrix and Vector classes but we don't need to replicate those.
>
> I suggest you define wrappers for each of these classes by constructing derivative classes that
> inherit from them and octave_base_value.
>
> c.

Hi,
I was a little bit confused, but after your explanation I understand better what I have to do, thanks. I start with the mesh class as we have worked a lot on it. I want also to prepare a blogspot whit a time line for the project.
About the public repository for the code, it should be made with mercurial or with subversion?
Should I ask Carne to create it or I can do it by myself, just adding a new folder in OctaveForge inside the /extra folder named dolfin?

Thanks

MArco