MXE Octave: Cannot find Ghostscript

From: Anirudha Bose
Subject: MXE Octave: Cannot find Ghostscript
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 13:42:52 +0530

I am natively compiling mxe-octave during which the package pstoedit failed to build because of the following error.

checking for gs... no
configure: error: ** Cannot find ghostscript. If it is already installed, Check PATH.
make[1]: *** [build-only-pstoedit] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ani/mxe-octave'

As a matter of fact, I have Ghostscript installed in the path C:\gs\gs9.07\
I have also added the path C:\gs\gs9.07\bin to the Path environment variable. I am unable to figure out why Ghostscript is not found by pstoedit (entering gswin32 in the shell opens Ghostscript, so my environment variable settings are correct). I also added another variable GS with the same path but it didn't work. What am I doing wrong?

- Anirudha