Re: Audio playback and classes

From: Pantxo
Subject: Re: Audio playback and classes
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 02:35:34 -0700 (PDT)

Vytautas Jancauskas wrote

> All those issues should be sorted out now.

A minor comment on attributes names : in octave objects
properties/attributes are generally case insensitive (and presented
lowercased to the user). You can use lower/tolower octave functions before
sending the properties to your c++ class (in which properties should all be
lower case).

I tested your last changes on mac os x 10.7 :

 - The compilation (with Clang) works fine with a few warnings :
__player_play__.cc:30:21: warning: comparison of unsigned expression < 0 is
always false [-Wtautological-compare] (idem at line 31 and 42)

 - I see no segfault either with play or playblocking,

 - The output sounds chopped, as if the signal was composed of multiple
frames separated by zeros (or discontinuities at least). I didn't notice
this issue before the last changes you commited.  I tried with two sampling
frequencies for the same signal duration :
fs = 44100;
t = 0:1/fs:5;
signal = cos (2 * pi * 440 * t);
ap = audioplayer ([signal(:) signal(:)], fs);
playblocking (ap)
fs = 10000;
t = 0:1/fs:5;
signal = cos (2 * pi * 440 * t);
ap = audioplayer ([signal(:) signal(:)], fs);
playblocking (ap)

Pantxo