Re: betainc accuracy

From: Dr. Alexander Klein
Subject: Re: betainc accuracy
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 13:11:29 +0200

Am 06.07.2013 um 19:50 schrieb Rik:

> Octave's implementation of the incomplete beta function is written in
> Fortran and comes from the directory slatec-fn.

Rik,

thanks for the hint! I'd found this piece of code already. My intention was to
do some preliminary testing of betainc indirectly by verifying the results of
binocdf against a version known to produce good results.

After all, for binocdf you only have to get the binomial coefficients and
powers right, while the incomplete beta integral apparently poses considerably
more problems, no matter how you try to evaluate it.

All the best,

        Alex

--
Dr. Alexander Klein, Diplom-Mathematiker
TransMIT-Projektbereich für Mathematische Analysen und Feld-Simulationen

http://www.transmit.de/zentren/tz.cfm?N=165