Re: Release Plans

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Release Plans
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 13:55:12 -0400

On 07/07/2013 11:51 AM, Torsten wrote:
On 05.07.2013 21:42, John W. Eaton wrote:
On 04/22/2013 03:31 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
The GUI is better, but we don't have QtHandles integrated and the
terminal widget does not work properly on either Windows or Unixy
systems.  The biggest problem is that using Ctrl-C for interrupting
the Octave interpreter does not work and we seem to be unable to make
keyboard shortcuts work properly, or to allow users to customize them.
I intend to start a separate thread about these issues.  As I see it,
the GUI is the single largest issue preventing the release from
happening.

Concerning the conflict between the terminal's readline function and the
shortcuts I have created a patch for testing at

https://bitbucket.org/ttl/octave-ttl/commits/a30b2ccab8f5f2c0c7bd24a784eb16292b8a4b35

The focusIn- and focusOutEvent functions are used to emit a signal for
setting and resetting the global shortcuts of the main window. For
testing this the Ctrl-O and Ctrl-N shortcuts for opening an existing or
new file are added to the main window's menu. Ctrl-O creates a new line
in the terminal if focused and opens a file dialog otherwise.

I'm not sure this patch is working for me on my Debian system. What system are you using for testing? Even without it, C-n and C-o seem to work as I expect. But C-p doesn't do anything, with or without the patch.