Re: Update - LaTeX markup project

From: Andrej Lojdl
Subject: Re: Update - LaTeX markup project
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 23:58:08 +0200

First of all, I apologize for not sending daily update. I worked on implementing classes. Here is the newest file . Please
feel free to take a look at it and comment, normally if you have time.

Working and slowly developing ideas how all this work and how it will be integrated, I stumbled upon few problems ( let say obstacles ).

1. Multiple inheritance - ft_render is defined as ft_render :: public text_processor . And now we want to inherit from base_text_render.
So this can be problem. As I'm informed generally, we want to avoid this ( possible diamond problem ). But, I looked at code and in my
opinion this wont happen. Because we don't inherit further from ft_render and text_processor don't have common points with our new class
base_text_render. And it seems that it's not problem if one class is abstract and other regular. Regarding that, I searched for solution and we can use delegation.

2. Freetype - if interpreter is different form 'latex' and there is no freetype library, we can't make any of these two classes. So we should check around all uses of text_render if it's set to null pointer. Or is there some other solution, you prefer?

3. Interpreter - as I understand with this abstract class and wrapper, we can just type text_render r and then use methods of selected class
( latex_render or ft_render ) or this should be done some other way?

Next step is to make methods for latex_render. I have all this code written in C and it need some modification to be nice methods. After that I have figure out how to solve this obstacles. And then place all code where it should be ( not just in one file ), etc. And yes, I should blog.

--
Andrej