Re: FLTK refresh required

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: FLTK refresh required
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 19:46:35 -0400

On Jul 27, 2013, at 8:08 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:

> On Jul 27, 2013, at 7:51 PM, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 6:22 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>>

>> It was my mistake.  "menus_h" should be "menu_h".  Try the attached one.
>>
>> Ben
>>
>> Here it is...
>>
>> <Screenshot_from_2013-07-27_18:49:46.png>
>
> Thanks.  I obviously need to do more work.  I take my time preparing the next
> attempt.
>
> Ben

Ok.  This is working for me on Mac OSX.  I'm hopeful it will also work on Linux
(I fixed several problems).  This changest sometimes misses a refresh/update
for the menubar or toolbar.  If anyone can offer hints (or a fix), I'd
appreciate it.

To test the changeset, please enter the five commands below successively and
verify the behavior described.

(1) `figure ()', produces a blank (gray) figure window with a menubar at the
top and a toolbar at the bottom. The size of the canvas area matches the
"defaultfigureposition" (560 x 420).

(2) `plot (rand (3))', produces a plot. Again, the plot canvas should match the
"defaultfigureposition" (560 x 420).  However, on Ubuntu/VBOX, I get (560
x380), and am not sure why. If the menubar and/or toolbar do not refresh, click
on the plot and they should become visible.

(3) `print foo.png', this resizes the plot, produces the "foo.png" and then
returns the figure to its original size. Check that the "foo.png" is correct in
size (1200x900 pixels).

(4) `set (gcf (), "menubar", "none")', should remove the menubar and decrease
the size of the window. Since the top of the plot canvas is  anchored by the
figure's "position" property, this will drop the top of the window by the hight
of the menubar.  The toolbar refresh properly, but  can be recovered by
clicking on the bottom of the window.

(5) `set (gcf (), "menubar", "figure")', should restore the menubar.

Rik,  with this changetset, you'll only need to ...

        set (0, "defaultfiguremenubar", "none")

In order to turn off the menubar for all figures.

Ben