RE: midterm

From: Marco Vassallo
Subject: RE: midterm
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 21:54:12 +0200

> From: address@hidden
> Subject: midterm
> Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 08:48:27 +0200
> To: address@hidden
> CC: address@hidden
>
> Marco,
>
> Thank you very much for your new post with the status update:
> http://gedeone-gsoc.blogspot.it/2013/07/update-12.html
>
> I particularly like your list of application examples to
> show integration of FEniCs with other Octave tools:
>
> • Add more examples, and in particular use together the features offered by FEniCS with the great tools available inside Octave. I would like to do some of the following:
> • Study of the generalized eigenvectors for the Stokes probem using the eig () command
> • Show how existing functions in the fpl pkg can be used to export or visualize computation results
> • Show how ODE solvers in Octave can be used in conjunction with dolfin to solve evolutionary problems
> • Study a more complex problem which involves different discrete spaces like the Darcy-Stokes equation
>
> As a suggestion, I think solving a maxwell eigenvalue problem would be of more general interest than the Stokes eigenvalue proble.

Hi,
I've try to use a new naming conventions, as close as possible to the one used inside DOLFIN.
I hope it works better for our purposes.
I still don't have got any satisfactory answer from FENICS about a way in which we can access matrix in compressed
format, and so I'm doing some rough estimation at the beginning.
I've add two new examples (navier-stokes using chorin-temam and a mixed method for Poisson)
and I'm thus ready to start with more complex examples.
I would like to start with the maxwell eigenvalue problem, and I was  thus wondering if someone can suggest me where I can
 find a good description of the problem from analytical and numerical point of view.
Thanks
Marco