Re: About ITSOL - ILUTP - MILU and packaging

From: saad
Subject: Re: About ITSOL - ILUTP - MILU and packaging
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 14:50:08 -0500

Hello,

Sorry I did not get the chance yet to look carefully at these messages yet.
I do not have a copy of the  stand-alone versions Ruipeng sent you..
Regarding releasing a separate library which will be the same as the one used in Octave,
[for maintenance purposes] -- it may be doable but as you know in academia
students come and go -- so maintenance by people in my group is unlikely to be
reliable.. It will help if the codes are not too different from the ones we have - so I can
direct students to make fixes if they are simple ones.

For the question regarding ``a minimal usage example of ILUTP"  -- there is normally
one within the ITSOL package which can be converted to the stand-alone version.
This may be a little more tricky than the other preconditioners because of the additional
 permutation..
I can take a look at this but the problem is that I do not  know what Ruipeng sent you...
It may be best to wait until he returns [he is currently in China]..

I do want to help within our means

Yousef Saad

On 07/09/13 10:30, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:
Hi Ruipeng,

about one month has passed and the ITSOL interface for GNU/Octave has grown. Here are three excerpts from past conversations, which I want to refer to.