Re: Welcome SOCIS 2013 Applicants

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Welcome SOCIS 2013 Applicants
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 16:37:06 -0400

On Wed, 2013-08-28 at 12:37 -0700, mcecchetti wrote:

> today I discovered that the list of selected students for SOCIS has
> been published, indeed I am a bit disappointed to find out I was not
> selected for the proposed octave project. I would like to know which
> points of my application has been evaluated too weak compared to the
> project proposal of the selected student.

I'd like to know too. You seemed to at least be involved with us. You
posted a bug fix and have been somewhat chatty on the mailing list. I
haven't seen anything from Roberto Porcù. I can't even find his public
application template.

This is not to say that the best student didn't won, just that at
least from where I'm standing, I don't understand what happened. Mind
you, I didn't follow the SOCIS application process at all.

- Jordi G. H.