Re: Problem with mxe-octave

From: Andrej Lojdl
Subject: Re: Problem with mxe-octave
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 16:04:04 +0200

2013/9/19 John D <address@hidden>

Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 20:19:44 +0200
From: Andrej Lojdl <address@hidden>
To: Octave Maintainers List <address@hidden>
Subject: Problem with mxe-octave

I have instaled MinGW and MSYS on my Windows 7. Then installed mercurial and
cloned

http://hg.octave.org/mxe-octave

Then, after running MSYS and following this sequence:
 autoconf
./configure --enable-native-build --enable-system-gcc make

I had errors building it, few of them where solved only by adding required
header files to MSYS/1.0/include folder. But here is the problem I can't
solve, or better to say can't figure out where the problem is ( attachment).

--------------------
You shouldn't need to 'add' any addition headers to that folder - the wrong
ones potentially could mess everything up.

On my system, after doing a new install of mingw and msys, I run:

Then in the mxe-octave repo: I generally configure with the options:
'./configure --enable-system-gcc --enable-native-build
--disable-system-fontconfig'

After running configure, from the mxe-octave directory I then run:
'source tools/set_mxe_env.sh'

And then 'make' to then build everything.

So here is what I did:
1. Remove old installation completely.
2. Downloaded mingw-get-setup
3. Run the setup and then MinGW Installation Manager opens
4. Installed MSYS core, bash, coreutils using Installation Manager, nothing more
5. Open MinGW/msys/1.0/etc/fstab.sample and changed the name to just fstab added line 'C:\MinGW /mingw' and saved it
6.. Open MinGW/msys/1.0/msys batch file
7. Then
mingw-get update
mingw-get upgrade
mingw-get install autoconf bash msys-flex gcc gcc-c++ gcc-fortran gettext
msys-m4 msys-make msys-sed  libiconv msys-openssl msys-patch msys-perl
msys-libarchive msys-unzip msys-wget bsdcpio
8. Everything go okay.
9. Create directory octave and hg init, then clone mxe-octave
10. Go to this mxe-octave directory 'autocont' then './configure --enable-system-gcc --enable-native-build --disable-system-fontconfig'
11. Everything goes okay, 'source tools/set_mxe_env.sh' and finally 'make'.
12. Result is 'Missing requirement: bsdtar' -> Then I install bsdtar but it tells me that extraction of zlib1.dll failed probable package conflict.
13. I run make again and there is system error from bsdtar.exe that program couldn't start because libz-1.dll is missing from my computer.

I tried to solve this on few different ways, like removing zlib library, removing just that .dll file and again instaling bsdtar, nothing helped. Can someone suggest something?

--
Andrej