Re: Fwd: Test files [WAS: Re: xlsread in Octave 3.6.4]

From: Markus
Subject: Re: Fwd: Test files [WAS: Re: xlsread in Octave 3.6.4]
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 11:45:59 +0200

Am 2013-09-21 17:20, schrieb Philip Nienhuis:
:
<snip>
:
Please don't :-) because IMO this is UNdesirable.
(..unless you want those severe headaches, of course ... :P )

IMO it is better to just let the user (who is supposed to know the
data) sort it out.

It's done (the names NaN rows and cols, date/time, and speed improvements).
Take a look at this two screenshots (autodelete after 5 days):
http://p.osuv.de/index.php/DBS/
http://p.osuv.de/index.php/DV9v/

:
<snip>
:
Yes: unzip.exe is simply not included in (= built with) MXE. Same goes
for a few other unpackers. I think it's not hard to add them to MXE,
probably just use bzip2 or so as a template, but I had no time yet to
look into it.
Maybe file a bug report for it.

Maybe I do this :)
The included unzip.exe from MinGW xlsxread works fine with Windows too.

:
<snip>
:
Anyway could you please wait until I can sent you an io-1.3.4-beta (f.
Octave-3.7.6+), in which your unpack step has already been included
(i.e., for odsread)? That'll save you (and me) a bit of work.
ATM I have other 'distractions' - it might be after Wednesday
anyway... so no hurry

Yeah, no hurry :) But xlsxread is now release in Version 1.0.
https://github.com/markuman/xlsxread
Every example sheet in the example folder works fine for me.
Maybe i'll going to post in the help list and ask for someone is willing to test it.

cheers
Markus

--
https://github.com/markuman