Re: Criteria for identifying must-fix bugs

From: Michael D. Godfrey
Subject: Re: Criteria for identifying must-fix bugs
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 17:45:04 -0400

On 10/09/2013 01:47 PM, Rik wrote:
Previously, we used the criteria of any bug report with a Severity >= 4 or
any Item Group == Regression.  For starters, I have put those up on the 3.8
bug fix list (http://wiki.octave.org/3.8_Bug_Fix_List).

Another bug that should be added is:

#33748: plotyy: only subset of data series plotted in FLTK

This bug report came about due to the OpenGL restriction to reals.  There are, I think,
at least three choices for the release:

1. Fix the "real" problem by rescaling.

2. Test the data for values outside "real."  Then, issue a warning and, maybe,
    replace the outside values with NaN, or something that would avoid the user
    misinterpreting the plotted output.

3. Take an error return and do not generate a plot.  This is safest action.