Re: gui/pager problem on MacOSX

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: gui/pager problem on MacOSX
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 12:51:09 -0400

On 10/11/2013 12:16 PM, Michael Goffioul wrote:

I'm not entirely sure, but wasn't the problem the fact that OS X refused
to fork/exec if the base process had already accessed the cocoa
framework, which we do (or used to do) through the display_info class?

My idea was to have a simple main program that would give up the controlling tty and then exec the real Octave. To preserve the illusion of having one program that is running in the terminal, the simple main program would wait for the child and pass signals to the child. That way you could still control it from the terminal (at least in the sense of C-z working to stop the process, for example). Would that work? I'm not sure, I haven't tried it.