Re: gnuplot & multiplot

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: gnuplot & multiplot
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 11:08:30 -0400

On 10/17/2013 10:36 AM, Rik wrote:

I think this is a known problem.  When the window on the gnuplot side is
closed it doesn't send an indication back to Octave so it believes the
window is still available.  This is another one of the difficult-to-solve
issues pushing us towards our own solution with OpenGL.

Correct. Closing the gnuplot X11 (or wxt or, I assume Qt) plot window doesn't close gnuplot, it just closes the window. Even if it did kill the gnuplot process, we aren't paying attention to SIGCHLD for those processes (1 per figure) now so we still wouldn't know that the figure is supposed to be closed in Octave.