Re: Translation files

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Translation files
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 12:34:31 -0800

On 11/07/2013 05:01 AM, address@hidden wrote:
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 10:05:16 +0100
> From: Thorsten Liebig <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: Call for translations
>
> Am 25.10.2013 01:11, schrieb Rik:
>> > The 3.8 release is on schedule and will feature a GUI for the first time
>> > ever!
>> >
>> > We need your help, though, in bringing Octave to the globe.  The strings in
>> > the GUI need to be translated to local languages.  As of today (Nov. 24,
>> > 2013) we have translations for the following languages and locales:
>> >
>> > be_BY
>> > de_DE
>> > en_US
>> > es_ES
>> > fr_FR
>> > nl_NL
>> > pt_BR
>> > ru_RU
>> > uk_UA
>> >
>> > If you would like to bring Octave to your language and home then check out
>> > Octave sources from Mercurial and navigate to the libgui/languages
>> > directory.  The file en_US.ts can be copied to a new name to form the basis
>> > of the new translation file.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > your friendly Octave volunteers
>> >

> Is there a time limit?
> I think a first release candidate is to be expected soon?
Yes and yes.  The time limit, however, is pretty long.  Because a
translation file doesn't impact any core code, and isn't going to cause a
regression, it can be delivered very late in the process.  We won't hold up
the 3.8 release, but as long as it is delivered before the final tarball is
made it can be incorporated.

The release is slowly solidifying.  I think were probably 3/4 of the way
gelled, the consistency of thick milkshake at the moment.

Cheers,
Rik