Re: assigning to ans var when using Ctrl+C

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: assigning to ans var when using Ctrl+C
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 18:21:19 -0500

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 4:57 PM, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
11/21/13

Michael,

This is a small issue, but perhaps it has an easy solution.

When I use Ctrl+C to interrupt a system() command, I still get an
assignment to the automatic variable ans.  The value was 2 on a Linux
system and -1.0737e+009 on MinGW.  It would be nice to avoid any kind of
assignment, but if one must be made it would be nicer to use a value like
NaN to indicate that the answer variable is gibberish.

I'll do some debugging once my recompilation is completed. I also observed a return value when compiled with MSVC, but it didn't look gibberish. IIRC it was something like 258 or 268 (don't remember exactly).

Michael.