Re: Default editor fonts

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: Default editor fonts
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 11:09:33 +0100

On 24.11.2013 07:41, PrasannaKumar Muralidharan wrote:
> Just an idea from user's point of view. Why not use the system's
> default font? It will integrate with the system easily.
>
> Thanks,
> PrasannaKumar

One reason (are there other ones?) why we are not taking the default
font is that on windows only few fonts are suitable in the console.

Wait, I think changeset
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/3a17dd5964e3
solves this issue and I use my latest mxe build on windows with "Courier
New" configured for the console and it does not show the cursor position
offset anymore.

Can we completely drop setting the terminal font to Lucida Console in
configure and take the systems default monospaced font?

Torsten