Re: Warning about experimental GUI

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: Warning about experimental GUI
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 21:36:41 +0100

On 28.11.2013 14:58, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 11/28/2013 08:46 AM, Richard Crozier wrote:
>
>> Well, maybe some slight hyperbole, but on a small laptop screen it's a
>> 'noticeable' reduction I think. Your solution sounds good to me.
>
> I forgot to mention that it would be OK with me if we also made hiding
> the warning bar sticky so that the setting is remembered.  I just
> haven't done that yet, but I will try to do it unless someone else does
> it first.
>
> jwe

Instead of hiding forever, I would like to revisit Dan's suggestion,
that the warning reappears after a while. But instead of taking a time
interval the attached patch automatically hides the warning for a
certain number of restarts (here 20) before showing it again. Of course
we can chose another limit for the counter.

Torsten