Re: Readline patch for high CPU usage

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: Readline patch for high CPU usage
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 08:56:59 +0100

On 29.11.2013 22:34, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 11/29/2013 03:14 PM, Torsten wrote:
>> On 29.11.2013 20:26, John W. Eaton wrote:
>>> A separate issue I've been having recently is that starting Octave
>>> by double-clicking "octave" from the Windows file browser doesn't
>>> start the CLI version of Octave.  Instead it seems to start the GUI
>>> (if the qt-settings file is not present, I get the welcome wizard) but
>>> then the GUI doesn't actually start.
>>>
>>> Also, when I run "octave-gui" I the window is not shown initially and
>>> when I click on the icon in the task bar it brings up a small window
>>> in the upper left area of my screen that has to be resized.
>>>
>>> jwe
>>>

>> This issue should have been fixed with cset 18001:a51e4904ca1b. Was your
>> build older than that?
>
> Unless I made some mistake, I used
>
>   8695fa048226 (stable) tip
>
> To make it easier and more reliable to know precisely which version of
> the sources was used to build Octave, I'm thinking of putting the HG ID
> in octave_config_info somehow.

I have just tested an mxe-build from the sources just after changeset
18001:a51e4904ca1b on Win 7 and everything worked as expected (I did not
have the time to make a new build). octave.exe started the gui but this
is okay because the cli version is the default only since cset
18007:25b6fbe82827.

Do you see the warning bar? Then you definitely have a more recent build.

Torsten