Re: configure test for gl2ps

From: Rik
Subject: Re: configure test for gl2ps
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 09:34:34 -0800

On 12/03/2013 08:48 AM, José Luis García Pallero wrote:
> 2013/12/3 Rik <address@hidden>:
>> On 12/03/2013 07:05 AM, address@hidden wrote:
>>> Message: 4
>>> Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 12:52:49 +0100
>>> From: Jos? Luis Garc?a Pallero <address@hidden>
>>> To: Octave Maintainers List <address@hidden>
>>> Subject: Detecting gl2ps in ./configure step
>>>
>>> Hello:
>>>
>>> If I run ./configure on the development sources and I have not
>>> installed the gl2ps library, its absence is not warned by the script,
>>> and the sources can be compiled without errors. Then, it is impossible
>>> to use the print() function with ftlk. It could be nice that the
>>> configure script emits a warning if gl2ps is not present in order to
>>> alert the user, as fltk is now the default graphics core
>> 12/3/13
>>
>> Jose,
>>
>> Check what version of the sources you are using.  There is already a test
>> in configure that looks for gl2ps and emits a warning about printing.  The
>> changeset that introduced the test was 06a850f83dd4 from October 29th.
>>
>> AC_MSG_WARN([gl2ps library not found.  OpenGL printing is disabled.])
> Hello:
>
> I've cloned five minutes ago:
>
> hg tip
>
> changeset:   18051:e6c17e9bc600
> bookmark:    @
> tag:         tip
> user:        Rik <address@hidden>
> date:        Tue Dec 03 08:09:23 2013 -0800
> summary:     maint: Bump version to 4.1.0+ on default branch.
>
> As I said, the configure script does not warns about the lack of
> gl2ps, which I'm sure I have not installed (on Debian the packages are
> called libgl2ps0 and libgl2ps-dev)
José,

Can you open the config.h file generated in the octave build directory
after running configure and check for #define HAVE_GL2PS_H.  Is this line
commented out or not?  If It is uncommented then configure was able to find
gl2ps.h somewhere on your system and therefore thinks it is installed.

--Rik