Re: doc macro errors

From: Rik
Subject: Re: doc macro errors
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 09:12:30 -0800

On 12/04/2013 08:31 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 12/04/2013 11:12 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:
>
>> I'm using Texinfo 5.2 and have seen these error messages but they
>> don't happen all the time.  I don't think they have heppened with a
>> clean build, so I haven't bothered to track down what is causing them.
>
> Wait, it is repeatable, but only on the default branch.  It seems to be
> caused by the use of "@table @qcode" in the doc string for the new
> validateattributes function.

That's a valid complaint.  The @table command only takes the built-in
formatting options such as @code, @samp, etc.  I've worked around this in
the rest of the documentation by using

@table @asis
@item @qcode{"XX"}
@end table

and putting the @qcode macro down one level.  However, I think we might be
able to just re-define the qcode macro to avoid what looks like recursion
in macros.texi.  I'm trying that out right now.

--Rik