Re: alternatives for funding (was: I want to give you money but it can't

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: alternatives for funding (was: I want to give you money but it can't be called a donation)
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 17:21:10 -0500

On Wed, 2013-12-04 at 05:16 -0800, fgnievinski wrote:
> Pardon the tone of my original message, but I'd like to insist on
> the suggestion of selling Octave as a software box, with priority
> for support inquiries.

What do you need? Can I send you a support contract and an invoice?
Would you like me to burn Octave onto a CD and put it in a box and
send it to you?

> For an exemplary case, see:
> <http://boundlessgeo.com/solutions/opengeo-suite/>

Do I need to create a webpage with big prices on it?

Note to everyone else: any money that I obtain this way I will just
redirect into the donation box. As I understand it, the problem that
fgnievinski needs solved is merely to be able to justify an Octave
donation to his employers.

- Jordi G. H.