About the editor in Octave GUI

From: José Luis García Pallero
Subject: About the editor in Octave GUI
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 13:47:02 +0100

Hello:

I know Octave GUI uses qscintilla as editor. But, as the is written
using QT and the KDE desktop is also QT, I think they could be
integrated about the text editor. Many people who use KDE works with
Kate as default editor. I think Kate is a powerful tool, better than
qscintilla, so I think when octave is used in KDE the Kate editor
could be embedded as the default editor, as in Kile (a LaTeX editor
environment in QT). Or, if not as default editor, at least could be
embedded if it where selected as "custom file editor" in
Settings->Editor. Now, if I select Kate as external editor, it is
launched as a separate application when I create a new file, and at
this point I think there is some buggy behavior (I'm not sure if it
could be considered as a bug). When the external editor (Kate) is
launched, in the command window are printed lots of lines containing
internal messages about kate execution. I don't know if this lines
could be parsed and deleted by the GUI. Can anyone check this
behavior?

Thanks

José Luis García Pallero
address@hidden