Re: CVE check for Octave dependencies

From: Pascal Dupuis
Subject: Re: CVE check for Octave dependencies
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 10:43:46 +0100

My original purpose was to list Octave main dependencies and check for
recent CVE annoncements. Currently two packages are concerned, cURL
and graphicsMagick; see
http://wiki.octave.org/Building

I agree that if some port has some dependency which has issues
reported in CVE, this has to be flagged. Now this task becomes
formidable as the first-level tree contains further ramifications,
some of them are platform-dependent. So
1) having the list of dependencies and CVE announces is A Good Thing
2) having some tool checking per-platform the whole dependency tree
against CVE would be better

The first proposal indeed requires to check manually CVE, then decide
wether or not Octave is concerned. The second proposal automatize this
task.

Regards

Pascal