RE:

From: Roberto Porcù
Subject: RE:
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 09:28:34 +0000

On 28 Dec 2013, at 10:05, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

>>On 28 Dec 2013, at 00:44, Roberto Porcù <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Neither this way works. I still get the same error.
>> Do I have to try to reinstall Octave?

>I don't think so.
>To find out what is happening you should try to compile "odepkg" manually
>rather than trough "pkg >install":

>cd odepkg/src
>./configure
>make

>c.

In odepkg/src I typed
$ bash autogen.sh
$ ./configure
and I got this error:

checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for mkoctfile... mkoctfile
retrieving compile and link flags from mkoctfile
checking for F77_FUNC... yes
checking for octave... octave
checking for OCTAVE_VERSION in Octave... warning: readline is not linked, so
history control is not available
3.6.4
checking for octave_config_info('canonical_host_type') in Octave... warning:
readline is not linked, so history control is not available
i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking for octave_config_info('SHLEXT') in Octave... warning: readline is not
linked, so history control is not available
so
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: error: cannot find input file: `Makeconf.in'

Roberto