Re: Any documentation of changes to libinterp API?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Any documentation of changes to libinterp API?
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 01:54:46 -0500

On 01/01/2014 10:55 AM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
On 12/31/2013 10:34 PM, Carnë Draug wrote:
On 1 Jan 2014 03:37, "Orion Poplawski" <address@hidden> wrote:

Is there any documentation of changes to the libinterp C++ API?
[...]
So it appears that is_real_nd_array() is gone.  What replaces it!

Doxygen documentation has already been updated [1].

Carnë

[1] http://octave.sourceforge.net/doxygen/html/index.html

Thanks.  But while that documents the current state of things, it
doesn't appear to have a "changes" section that would help with
migrating code.

I guess we'll actually need to read the code and figure out what it is
trying to do :).

Looking at the 3.6.4 sources, I'm not sure that is_real_nd_array was ever doing anything but returning false. I only see the function in ov.h that forwards to rep, and then generic definition of it in ov-base.h that always returns false. There don't seem to be any other overloads for it.

I guess I would use is_real_type. You should be able to extract an NDArray object from any real-valued object (if not, then that is a bug). In most cases, I'd also recommend that instead of checking the type first, that you just try to extract an NDArray object and then check error_state to see whether it succeeded.