Re: problems with optimset option name completion in 3.8.0

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: problems with optimset option name completion in 3.8.0
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 09:00:57 +0100

On 06/01/2014 19:59, Olaf Till wrote:
I would prefer to not have the abbreviated keyword matching feature,
>but I think we have to keep it because Matlab users expect it to
>work that way.  And in case you haven't been looking at the bug
>tracker lately, we get bug reports for all sorts of trivial
>differences, so I expect we would get a report if we disabled
>matching of abbreviated names in optimset.
Ok. I didn't know that Matlab matches abbreviated option names, I
didn't find this in their documentation.

Hi Olaf,

See the documentation of optimset here :

http://www.mathworks.fr/fr/help/matlab/ref/optimset.html?searchHighlight=%22only%20enough%20leading%22

and here for the Optimization toolbox :

http://www.mathworks.fr/fr/help/optim/ug/optimset.html?searchHighlight=%22enough%20leading%20characters%22

@++