Re: [FORGE] struct package segmentation fault

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: [FORGE] struct package segmentation fault
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 17:37:19 +0100

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 03:51:40PM +0100, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:

> Olaf, Thank you for your time.
> This are the last lines of the configure output. I am compiling with no flags.
>
>  Build Octave GUI:                   yes
>   JIT compiler for loops:             no
>   Build Java interface:               yes
>   Do internal array bounds checking:  no
>   Use octave_allocator:               no
>   Build static libraries:             no
>   Build shared libraries:             yes
>   Dynamic Linking:                    yes (dlopen)
>   Include support for GNU readline:   yes
>   64-bit array dims and indexing:     no
>
> I was executing Octave without the GUI. I can install the control
> package without crash, s yes, I believe is only with the struct
> package. Other packages install well also, geometry, io, general,
> signal, etc...
>
> There are two files cell2fields.oct
> /home/juanpi/.octave/struct-1.0.10/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-api-v48+/cell2fields.oct
> (35K, 21. January)
> /home/juanpi/.octave/struct-1.0.10/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-api-v49+/cell2fields.oct
> (39K, 26 January (today))

Nothing looks suspicious in the above. Though I didn't see a reason
anymore why this configuration should matter I've compiled Octave with
the same configuration now and could not reproduce the segfault. I
have no further ideas at the moment. As I said, it looks as if the
segfault happens when a function of Octave is called during loading of
the packages oct-files which actually should only be called for static
initialization at start of Octave.

Olaf