Re: mxe-octave change

From: Markus
Subject: Re: mxe-octave change
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 09:17:25 +0100

Am 2014-01-26 22:04, schrieb Philip Nienhuis:
John W. Eaton wrote
I moved the functionality of the mk-dist script in the mxe-octave
build system into the Makefile and removed the mk-dist script.

Now you just need to run

    make nsis-installer

or

    make tar-dist

to build everything and generate an installer or tar file containing
all the files.

Currently this will build the stable-octave target.  If you have a
previous build that used the octave target, then I think you'll end up
with both versions included in the tar file or installer so some care
is needed to avoid having unintended files in the binary distribution.
Eventually I hope we can eliminate that problem so that the files that
are included are predictable without having to run "make clean" first
before building the installer (and everything else).

I don't know if it's caused by these changes, but nowadays I see that

"make -j4 nsis-installer"

spawns 4 simultaneous package download/build jobs, rather than doing the download/build steps one by one and invoking all CPU cores to that package
build.

Hi Philip, afaik

make nsis-installer JOBS=4

invokes 4 threads to one package.