Re: QtHandles and atomic reference

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: QtHandles and atomic reference
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 02:28:39 -0600

On 02/24/2014 06:34 AM, Michael Goffioul wrote:
On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 11:42 PM, Daniel J Sebald
<address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    Michael,

    Could you give the group a summary of how QtH fits in with the other
    Qt code, i.e., from a software design perspective?  What I worry
    about is having multiple hunks of Qt code (this for GUI, that for
    QtH, something else for a variable editor) and never really finding
    a nice way of incorporating widgets.

It does not "fit" into the rest of octave/Qt code, it has been developed
independently, when the octave GUI didn't exist yet.

What does it provide? Is it basically a graphics toolkit? From the name, I had imagined it something to do with HandyDandles. Is it duplicating some UI objects already present in the GUI? Does it use the same QApplication as the GUI? Being somewhat unfamiliar with the innards of the toolkits, I'm just trying to imagine how all the Qt pieces will work together.

Dan