Re: Regarding Gsoc project

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Regarding Gsoc project
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 13:21:25 +0100

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 11:35 AM, vaibhav gupta <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Kai,
I have already installed mercurial ,octave, cloned the whole code and started getting familiar with it.I found it quite interesting as it is similar to MATLAB. I have done a project on MATLAB regarding Image Stegnography so i can cope up with octave very well.
Now, How should i proceed in our project "Incomplete sparse factorizartion ichol and ilu" ..!!

Thanks And Regards
Vaibhav Gupta

Hi Vaibhav Gupta,

You already had a look at my blog [1]? You can choose either to continue from that state or to start an own approach. Make yourself familiar with the topic of incomplete factorizations, there are lots of references in [1] to read, especially [2, chapter 10]. Maybe you can tell me a bit more about your background knowledge by for example starting your application in the octave wiki [3], if you want to work on the project within the GSoC.

Regards,
Kai

[1] http://siko1056-gsoc.blogspot.com
[2] http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~saad/IterMethBook_2ndEd.pdf