Re: GSoC Student : Patches submitted

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: GSoC Student : Patches submitted
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 11:06:58 +0100

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 8:09 AM, prao <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks for your suggestion. I added some comments in the scripts and
> submitted the new diff file under the patch #8372 at
> https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?8372. Could you please take a look at it and
> let me know if anything needs further fixing?

What I meant in my comment was to extend the documentation string,
i.e. what the users get when they do "help <function>". I suggest not
to only say what the function does is but also to hint how it does it.
For this you can shortly explain the operation, refer to a paper or
book (being specific on page and/or chapter) or whatever else you can
think of. In code comments are only useful if the user looks at the
code.
Anyways most of your functions are quite simple so you can ust say
"converts X to Y by <doing this>".