Re: [Gsoc 2014] Creating a code sharing website for Octave [Replacing Ag

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Re: [Gsoc 2014] Creating a code sharing website for Octave [Replacing Agora]
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 10:08:23 +0000

On 10/03/2014 09:59, c. wrote:

On 10 Mar 2014, at 10:32, Richard Crozier <address@hidden> wrote:

Is Agora actually ready for action?

As far as I know it is not.

If I understand correctly there are issues
with the web hosting that make it at least difficult
if not impossible to move it into "production" stage.

In case it's of any interest, Red Hat seem to be offering free hosting on their new openshift platform which supports python and django. I have reason to look into this for another project, so if I find out anything useful I can report back.

https://www.openshift.com/quickstarts/django-16-and-python-3-on-openshift-0

I don't have much experience in this area though, so perhaps the hosting options have already been well explored, or the problems are ones I don't understand.

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.