Re: GSoC : Coding Timeline Updated

From: c.
Subject: Re: GSoC : Coding Timeline Updated
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 19:38:01 +0100

On 18 Mar 2014, at 05:35, prao <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Carlo,
>
> I updated my profile which now has the tentative coding timeline. I've only
> briefly stated the tasks along with the estimated time to finish those
> tasks. I am working on a more detailed proposal which deals with the
> specifics of the implementation. I should be able to have a rough draft by
> tomorrow. I have tried to incorporate the main points of our last email
> conversation there. However, before sharing the detailed proposal, I was
> hoping that you (or someone else) could take a quick look at the shorter
> version first (and overall profile if possible) and let me know what you
> (they) think.
>
> Also, if anyone has any ideas or comments, I'm happy to hear them.
>
> Thanks,
> Pooja
>
> [1] http://wiki.octave.org/User:Prao

Hi Prao,

I think pdepe alone might not be enough to make for a good enough
project, I would suggest combining this with bvp4c/bvp5c or with
the implementation of a matlab compatible ode15s.

Furthermore, to make the work plan less abstract I suggest you specify
a few test cases you want to solve and how you can use them to assess
the performance of your solvers.

HTH,
c.