Re: odepkg install error on development version

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Re: odepkg install error on development version
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 13:01:12 +0100

On 28/04/2014 12:41, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 1:19 PM, Carnë Draug <address@hidden> wrote:
On 28 April 2014 09:37, Richard Crozier <address@hidden> wrote:

The full output is below. Is this something I should expect with the dev
sources?
Yes. The Octave_map class has been deprecated in 3.8 and will be
removed in 4.2. If you install odepkg on 3.8 you should at least be
getting warnings about this.

Replacement classes are <octave_map> (struct array) or
<octave_scalar_map> for a single structure in case someone wants to
fix this after reading this.

Carnë

This should be fixed in the developer version!
We did it with Mike not more than a month ago.

Thanks,

I would really like to test odepkg with some other code which uses classdef, is it as simple as tarring up the mercurial repo here:

http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/odepkg/ci/default/tree/

and providing it to pkg, or are there other steps required to create a release of odepkg?

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.