Re: Package for level-set method?

From: Daniel Kraft
Subject: Re: Package for level-set method?
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 13:17:36 +0200

Hi!

On 2014-05-09 14:34, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
> On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 2:22 PM, Daniel Kraft <address@hidden> wrote:
>> As I see it, the remaining issue to fix is now the internal files.  I've
>> left the Makefile untouched for now.  But when you know whether or not
>> private architecture-dependent functions are possible, I will either
>
> The issue with the hack it that it interferes with the standard
> procedure we have to handle packages that compile functions. As it is
> now, i.e. with the Makefile hack, it is not an Octave forge package,
> because it fails when the user has its own "prefix" folder defined
> (see pkg prefix option). You need to leave pkg handle the compiled
> functions. We will see if we can make them private but for now just
> let them go to the arch dependent folder and be public, just for now
> (I see several packages using the "__" naming convention for private
> compiled functions, so go ahead and do that for now!).

I've renamed them now with __levelset_ prefixes.  The Makefile hack is
now gone, and I hope that the package is now fully functional.  (Note,
though, that also the other version installed fine with "pkg install" on
my system -- but possibly this was just by chance.)

> The issue with finding the folder is rather a missing feature of pkg.
> It is implemented in new version, but we haven't merged it yet. In the
> new version to get the folder of the package you just do
>
> pkg ("describe","level-set"){1}.dir

Cool, that sounds like a useful thing.  Maybe I'll change the code when
this is ready, but for now I'm satisfied with the solution.

Yours,
Daniel

--
http://www.domob.eu/