Suggesting ideas for Octave

From: Rafid Khalid
Subject: Suggesting ideas for Octave
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 10:31:03 +0100

Hi everyone,
    I am new to the maintainers list, and my experience with Octave is limited, so forgive my questions if they seem very baic. I would like to ask about or suggest the following ideas for Octave which don't seem to be available judging from the list of projects:

- Symbolic computing: This is available in MatLab under the Symbolic Toolbox, and is also available in other projects like Mathematica, Maple, MathCad, and Maxima. I am wondering whether there is any plan to implement symbolic computing in Octave at some point. I know that there is a package that uses GiNaC, Octave-symbolic, but this doesn't seem to be in development any more. Or am I missing something?

- Android/iOS application: Is there any plan to implement a mobile application for Octave?

Thanks,
Rafid