Re: Segmentation Fault with Octave MXE under Windows

From: ijourneaux
Subject: Re: Segmentation Fault with Octave MXE under Windows
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 12:02:56 -0700 (PDT)

Philip Nienhuis wrote
> That tmp-
> <package>
>  file is overwritten for each rebuilt package on each mxe build of Octave.
> Do you cross-compile (on Linux) or build natively (on Windows)?

I am cross-compiling.

Philip Nienhuis wrote
> With an MXE build (native and cross-), you feed a complete Octave
> "distribution" to mxe (see my previous post in this thread), which will
> configure/build/install it somewhere internally; afterward the files are
> copied into a temp dir from where the archive or installer is made.
> So that means that you won't see individual files being rebuilt - mxe just
> builds Octave completely from scratch each time.

If I understand your previous post, the octave source is supplied as a
package in the MXE-Octave folder tree. From there is is extracted and
compiled. If I am on the correct page, if you want to edit the source,
before you compile, you need to edit it in the octave...tar.gz file