Re: For loop benchmarks between Octave versions

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: For loop benchmarks between Octave versions
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 13:55:14 +0200

Le 26/06/2014 22:00, Julien Bect a écrit :
Le 25/06/2014 11:40, Julien Bect a écrit :
Le 25/06/2014 09:54, Daniel J Sebald a écrit :
I know little about the parser, but I looked around a bit to see if I could get a feel for things to answer the question "where to look". I think it might be better to just work from the development version and look for ways to optimize code. If you have a working profiler, that might indicate where most of the time is being spent so you can start looking there.

I don't have a working profiler, and unfortunately no experience on how to set up one.

Based on this (rather old) thread :

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/profiling-Octave-td1634535.html

it doesn't seem completely trivial.

Is there a place where I can find step-by-step instructions on how to build Octave for profiling ?

I have tried (and failed) to build Octave 3.8.2-RC1 for profiling with gprof. I need some help here...

I have compiled with the following (Ubuntu 13.04 / i686-linux-gnu / gcc version 4.7.3) :

[snip]

Wouldn't it be possible to have a --gprof option for configure that sets all the other options right ?

Up. Does anyone have a working build of octave with gprof ?