Should libraries used by Octave and their versions be in Help?

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Should libraries used by Octave and their versions be in Help?
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2014 01:37:43 -0500

In response to this bug with "--force-gui" that someone is seeing in what looks like a limited circumstance and possibly attributed to GNULIB, I'm wondering if we should attempt to get all the library version numbers for the build and post them somewhere in "Help" of the GUI, perhaps in "Help|About" or some new list item. In addition perhaps the same info could be in some function called:

octave_lib_info

to match the already present "octave_config_info".

Or maybe this information is available already and I just don't know where.

Dan