Re: Windows Octave compilation

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Windows Octave compilation
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 14:38:37 -0700 (PDT)

John W. Eaton wrote
> On 07/15/2014 01:14 PM, PhilipNienhuis wrote:
>> John W. Eaton wrote
>>>>>

> <snip>

>>> That's not correct.  I've done it, so it has been attempted and it is
>>> possible.
>>
>> Thanks for setting this straight.
>>
>> Is 64-bit indexing possible right away with current mxe-octave?
>
> It should be.  Have you tried configuring mxe-octave with --enable-64?
> You'll need to start fresh so that you build a 64-bit GCC and all
> dependencies are built with that compiler.

No I haven't tried yet (I didn't know mxe-octave was already that far).
But your message came right on time to initiate a 64-b build tonight before
going to sleep. Starting soon after clicking "send"....

Tomorrow morning I'll see how far it went. BTW I'm building on a32-b Linux,
I hope that doesn't spoil the party...

Thanks,

Philip