Re: New package

From: c.
Subject: Re: New package
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 11:52:57 +0200

On 16 Jul 2014, at 10:29, Guillermo Moliní <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have finally made it work, by putting the .dll and .lib files into the /bin
> folder. In any case, Im going to change it so that it will be compiled during
> the build process. But I wanted to have a working version before moving on. I
> have a last question.. Once Im done with the package, is there any procedure
> to upload it?

You should show your code on this list first, and ask for inclusion in
Octave-Forge.
Please make sure you clearly specify the Copyright on the code and the
distribution license.

If accepted, ask to create a repository for your package and upload your code
there.

finally prepare a release of your package using the procedure described here:
http://octave.sourceforge.net/developers.html

in the section "Make a release of your package and publish its function
reference".

>  Or just upload it to sourceforge via svn?

Currently it is recomended to use mercurial rather than subversion for new
packages.

c.